The packaging of food products has a main part throughout the process, from production to consumer. Packages assure the preservation of the good quality, the protection from germs, as well as the decrease in the use of preservatives. Continue reading The importance of the right packaging in food products!
In our everyday life, we use a lot of cosmetics on both our face and body. Bottles and jars for creams, shampoos, deodorants, makeup and perfumes have become a part of our every day life. Perfumes, colors and conservatives often contain substances, which can cause an allergic reaction to our skin.
In cosmetics, what can cause an allergic reaction?
1. The chemical derivatives of the product may injure the outer layer of the skin and cause external dermatitis or
2. The immune system may react in a specific substance (cosmetic allergen) and cause an allergic dermatitis.
The time of development of the symptoms may vary. In cosmetics, fragrances are powerful substances and can cause a reaction within minutes, although soap is a lighter substance, which may cause a reaction after a few days or a week.
So if you have a sensitivity or you just want to be precautious, follow the advice bellow.
Did you have an allergic reaction?
Find out what you applied on your body or face in the last 24 hours. Don’t use any of these products until the symptoms have passed. You may reuse the products, one at a time, so that you can discover the product that caused the allergic reaction.
If the symptoms don’t pass after you have stopped using them, you should consult a doctor.
How to cure the allergic reactions caused by cosmetics?
• Avoid the specific product
• With a doctor’s recipe:
1. With creams or cortisone ointments, which help to control hives, rushes and swelling.
2. With a use of an antibiotic, pill or cream, in case of an infection.
Finally, let’s see how we can be protected, when it comes to the use of cosmetics and personal hygiene products in order to avoid allergic reactions.
• Prefer soaps and cosmetic products based on simple or totally natural ingredients. If a product has a lot of substances, there is a bigger risk of an allergic reaction.
• Always read the ingredients on the labels of the products, so that you can avoid a substance that has caused you an allergic reaction in the past.
• If you choose a new product, apply a small amount in the inner side of your elbow or your wriest and wait for 24 hours before using the product.
• Spray a little of your perfume on your clothes and not directly at your skin and let it evaporate before putting them on.
• Choose hypoallergenic products, with no parabens, no fragrances and non-comedogenic. Although there is a chance that hypoallergenic products can also cause an allergic reaction.
• Do not use cosmetics after their expiration date, even the most natural products. Stop using the product if their color or smell has changed, even before their expiration. Most of cosmetics expire after 12 months.
• Do not lend your cosmetics to other people and do not borrow any, as well. There is a big chance of transmitting skin diseases.
Smart ideas to decorate and equip your perfumery
In the past few years, the demand for perfumes in bulk has increased, as well as the competition between the perfumeries. But who will be the one that stands out?
Here you can find useful advice on how to equip and decorate your perfumery, in order to make a difference. Continue reading Perfumery: Decoration and equipment
Consuming red wine seems to improve heart function and also helps the cholesterol levels of people with diabetes type II, according to a new scientific study.
This particular research was published on the international scientific magazine Annals of Internal Medicine, and the scientists studied the effect of a medium alcohol consumption in cardiometabolical indicators of various diabetic patients and how there is a difference between the type of wine that is consumed.
In the research took part 224 diabetics, aged 40-75 years old. The participants were asked to consume one glass of metal water (150 ml), white or red wine with their dinner daily, for about 2 years. During the research, they also followed a Mediterranean diet, had frequent blood tests and completed questionnaires.
After the end of the research, the results showed that the cardiological danger was lower for the people who consumed wine. More specifically, the volunteers that consumed red wine presented good changes of lipid levels. Even though the two types of wine were related with the benefits, red wine seemed to have better impact to the levels of the lipid and metabolic profile.
The researchers claim that, even if the time period is a basic advantage of the study, the possible benefits and the risks of consuming alcohol must be tested again carefully.
Finally, it is worth mentioned that a significant percentage of other studies have also shown that a medium alcohol consumption is good for the cardiovascular system, especially if we are talking about one glass of red wine per day. As for diabetes, it seems that is encountered less on people who consume medium quantities of alcohol, but it is not sure because of the lack of long-lasting studies.
A basic advantage of every perfume is its duration. Sometimes you use a perfume every day but it doesn’t last, it fades after a few hours. Have you ever wondered what to do to make it last longer?
If you did but still didn’t found out, read the following piece of advice:
– Use your perfume soon after taking a bath, when your body pores are still open.
– The more moisturized the skin is, the longer the perfume lasts. A usual way to smell great all day long is to put a little petroleum jelly in the spots you will spray with your perfume.
– Spray your perfume from 15 cm distance away.
– Do not rub the spots you spray if you want to have longer duration. Wondering why? When you rub the perfume, its molecules split so its smell and duration are decreased.
– Try to spray your perfume in the warm areas of your body, like the neck, the inside of your elbow, the inside of the wrist and behind the knees.
– In a big ball of cotton, spray a little of your perfume. Place it in your closet close to your clothes and you will notice how nice they will smell when you put them on.
– Don’t store your perfume in sunny places. Prefer dark and cool places. Don’t put it in the fridge; its consistency will be ruined. After every use, close it securely!
One hour of gym equals with drinking one glass of red wine. At least that is what scientists from University of Alberta in Canada support in their research. The results showed that a substance in red wine, called “resveratrol“, is beneficial and has the same value with the ones when working out at the gym.
According to Jason Dyck, which was in charge of the research, these results will help those who have difficulties in exercising. Resveratrol, after being tested on mice, is proven to be an effective antioxidant and now it will be tested on people with diabetes as well. In this case, if the results turn out to be positive, it will mean that the heart condition of a patient can be improved as if he worked out with hard and systematic exercise.
It is worth mentioned that there are various researches about the beneficial aspects of red wine. More specific, it has been revealed that those who drink one glass of red wine per day have fewer chances to get cancer or dementia.
For the wine enthusiasts these researches are good news, but there should be a limit in consumption. Scientists have reported that these benefits exist when we drink only one glass of red wine daily and have a healthy diet.
Except for red wine, resveratrol exists in grapes, peanut butter, dark chocolate blueberries and walnuts.
Perfume is a special and important feature for a woman. You can find a variety of them in the market, so the right choice is not that easy and requires special attention, time and searching. But how can you choose the one that fits you the most? Below you can find some tips that professionals suggest on how to choose the right one for you.
1. Stay in the “family”
Get an idea from the perfumes that you already have. Most people tend to prefer a primary perfume family, so they have a similar perfume sense. So, stay in the same perfume sense and try to experiment with different tones. For example, if you prefer perfumes with rose base, search for a perfume with base of another flower, like violet or jasmine. By remaining in the same family, you limit your primary searching.
2. Go shopping early in the morning
Buying a perfume is preferred to be done early in the morning. That’s because the sense of smell is better in the morning hours when your nose hasn’t got in touch with various daily smells yet. So start shopping as early as possible. Keep in mind that stress sharpens the sense of smell, so consider to go shopping for perfumes next time you feel stressed.
3. Spray and stop
Get a couple of different perfume bottles that interest you and spray on paper testers. If you can’t get one, spray in the internal of the cap (avoid spraying yourself). Smell the perfume one time and then stop. Go for a walk, see something else and avoid smelling it for at least half an hour! You should give it time to dry out and reveal its basic notes. When you smell it again, you will know if it’s the right one for you.
4. Restoring smell
Our glands of smell tend to “get tired” after almost three smells. What’s the result? You won’t be able to separate the perfumes or even end up with a headache. After each test of every perfume smell something neutral (ex. a piece of paper or even better smell some coffee beans that most perfume corners have). This will help you restore your sense of smell.
5. Test it
Once you identify some perfumes that you really like, ask for samples to test them at home. Perfumes may smell different from one person to another. That happens because its tones mix with each body’s natural oils and pheromones. Try one, per day and it is also important to avoid body lotions or even detergent smell on clothes. In conclusion, choose the best perfume based on your first impression. It is always the best to choose the perfume that you can’t help yourself but smelling it…
If you are a fan of DIY (do it yourself) the summer is the better season to work with your own crafts. The glass jars and bottles of every kind can be your best ally in this try. Except for bottles or jars, you will need various other objects which can be used for completing the craft. Simple or colored sand, pebbles, white or colorful gravels, candle, shells that you picked from the beach in your vacation, colors and paint brushes, glue, thin rope or fishing line or any other material you like.
Use old or new jars/bottles that contained preserves, jam, honey, wine, juice or compote and you can make useful utensils. You will use these utensils as decoration with summer themes for your balcony or for preserving food, homemade sweets and jam, spices etc.
After you choose what you want to do, search for the right size of the jar or bottle. If you want to make bottles for water or refreshments you will search for narrow and tall shapes. You can color them with a spray or you can paint them with your own drawings to give them a personal touch.
You can also decorate the balcony or a shelf with bottles. Fill them with colored or simple sand, pebbles, gravels or anything else you like. Choosing jars, you can use the same painting techniques or leave them without painting and decorate them with pebbles, gravels, shells, sand, candles or paint summer themes on them, to decorate the balcony or the garden. You can also use them as a flower vase or to store little things at the bathroom.
Be sure to use little jars if you have to decorate an internal space or to put them on furniture or bigger if they will decorate the floor, the garden or the balcony. You can also fill the jars with jam or sweet that you made, for personal use or gift. Such an idea will surely impress for its double use and your personal touch!
So try to make your own decorative jars and bottles and make a difference!