The packaging of food products has a main part throughout the process, from production to consumer. Packages assure the preservation of the good quality, the protection from germs, as well as the decrease in the use of preservatives. Continue reading The importance of the right packaging in food products!
In our everyday life, we use a lot of cosmetics on both our face and body. Bottles and jars for creams, shampoos, deodorants, makeup and perfumes have become a part of our every day life. Perfumes, colors and conservatives often contain substances, which can cause an allergic reaction to our skin.
In cosmetics, what can cause an allergic reaction?
1. The chemical derivatives of the product may injure the outer layer of the skin and cause external dermatitis or
2. The immune system may react in a specific substance (cosmetic allergen) and cause an allergic dermatitis.
The time of development of the symptoms may vary. In cosmetics, fragrances are powerful substances and can cause a reaction within minutes, although soap is a lighter substance, which may cause a reaction after a few days or a week.
So if you have a sensitivity or you just want to be precautious, follow the advice bellow.
Did you have an allergic reaction?
Find out what you applied on your body or face in the last 24 hours. Don’t use any of these products until the symptoms have passed. You may reuse the products, one at a time, so that you can discover the product that caused the allergic reaction.
If the symptoms don’t pass after you have stopped using them, you should consult a doctor.
How to cure the allergic reactions caused by cosmetics?
• Avoid the specific product
• With a doctor’s recipe:
1. With creams or cortisone ointments, which help to control hives, rushes and swelling.
2. With a use of an antibiotic, pill or cream, in case of an infection.
Finally, let’s see how we can be protected, when it comes to the use of cosmetics and personal hygiene products in order to avoid allergic reactions.
• Prefer soaps and cosmetic products based on simple or totally natural ingredients. If a product has a lot of substances, there is a bigger risk of an allergic reaction.
• Always read the ingredients on the labels of the products, so that you can avoid a substance that has caused you an allergic reaction in the past.
• If you choose a new product, apply a small amount in the inner side of your elbow or your wriest and wait for 24 hours before using the product.
• Spray a little of your perfume on your clothes and not directly at your skin and let it evaporate before putting them on.
• Choose hypoallergenic products, with no parabens, no fragrances and non-comedogenic. Although there is a chance that hypoallergenic products can also cause an allergic reaction.
• Do not use cosmetics after their expiration date, even the most natural products. Stop using the product if their color or smell has changed, even before their expiration. Most of cosmetics expire after 12 months.
• Do not lend your cosmetics to other people and do not borrow any, as well. There is a big chance of transmitting skin diseases.
One hour of gym equals with drinking one glass of red wine. At least that is what scientists from University of Alberta in Canada support in their research. The results showed that a substance in red wine, called “resveratrol“, is beneficial and has the same value with the ones when working out at the gym.
According to Jason Dyck, which was in charge of the research, these results will help those who have difficulties in exercising. Resveratrol, after being tested on mice, is proven to be an effective antioxidant and now it will be tested on people with diabetes as well. In this case, if the results turn out to be positive, it will mean that the heart condition of a patient can be improved as if he worked out with hard and systematic exercise.
It is worth mentioned that there are various researches about the beneficial aspects of red wine. More specific, it has been revealed that those who drink one glass of red wine per day have fewer chances to get cancer or dementia.
For the wine enthusiasts these researches are good news, but there should be a limit in consumption. Scientists have reported that these benefits exist when we drink only one glass of red wine daily and have a healthy diet.
Except for red wine, resveratrol exists in grapes, peanut butter, dark chocolate blueberries and walnuts.
If you are a fan of DIY (do it yourself) the summer is the better season to work with your own crafts. The glass jars and bottles of every kind can be your best ally in this try. Except for bottles or jars, you will need various other objects which can be used for completing the craft. Simple or colored sand, pebbles, white or colorful gravels, candle, shells that you picked from the beach in your vacation, colors and paint brushes, glue, thin rope or fishing line or any other material you like.
Use old or new jars/bottles that contained preserves, jam, honey, wine, juice or compote and you can make useful utensils. You will use these utensils as decoration with summer themes for your balcony or for preserving food, homemade sweets and jam, spices etc.
After you choose what you want to do, search for the right size of the jar or bottle. If you want to make bottles for water or refreshments you will search for narrow and tall shapes. You can color them with a spray or you can paint them with your own drawings to give them a personal touch.
You can also decorate the balcony or a shelf with bottles. Fill them with colored or simple sand, pebbles, gravels or anything else you like. Choosing jars, you can use the same painting techniques or leave them without painting and decorate them with pebbles, gravels, shells, sand, candles or paint summer themes on them, to decorate the balcony or the garden. You can also use them as a flower vase or to store little things at the bathroom.
Be sure to use little jars if you have to decorate an internal space or to put them on furniture or bigger if they will decorate the floor, the garden or the balcony. You can also fill the jars with jam or sweet that you made, for personal use or gift. Such an idea will surely impress for its double use and your personal touch!
So try to make your own decorative jars and bottles and make a difference!